Tasting 6: Seven Leagues Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Santa Maria Valley, California
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: $14.00 per glass or $56 per bottle
Location: En Croute
Critics' Review:
"Though this is their appellation blend, Mikey Giugni and Michael Brughelli don't hold back, offering elegant aromas of rose petals, purple flowers, rich pomegranate fruit, rusty strawberries and light vanilla on the nose. The palate begins with a light cranberry-raspberry flavor that deepens into tart mulberry before showing dried rose petals, uncrushed clove and a lava-rock minerality."
http://www.winemag.com/buying-guide/scar-of-the-sea-2014-seven-leagues-pinot-noir-santa-maria-valley
My Review:
This light-bodied red wine tasted of flavors of cranberry and hints of vanilla that was greatly enjoyable and paired well with the charcuterie board I ordered with it. I noted that the tannins in the wine were minimal in comparison with other wines I tend to order like merlot. I thought that the color of the wine was light, or pale red in shade. I also noted that there was an earthy flavor to the wine that complimented the fruity strawberry, cranberry flavors. This wine is a wine that would be enjoyable on a fall day when the autumn leaves are falling and the air is brisk. For the price, however, I do not think that this wine is something I would purchase again. Although extremely flavorful, I do not think that there was anything of note that stood out to the point that I would distinguish this wine from an $8.00 wine.



Comments
Post a Comment